Plane ticket + Backpack = The next three months of my life

Saturday, March 25, 2006

I hope I run into Ozzy Osbourne and he spits a bat head at me.


I checked out of my hostel and took a train to Birmingham this morning. It was my first time being on a real cross-country train and I loved it … except for the part where a uniformed man asked me for my ticket and then demanded ten pounds from me within seconds after the train started moving. I had no idea why he was asking me for money until he told me that I was sitting in a first class car with a second class ticket. Luckily he didn’t make me pay to upgrade and instead I was forced to do the walk of shame back five cars to second class.

So now I’m at my friend Jo’s house in Birmingham and it is fucking fantastic. My bedroom is cozy and warm and doesn’t have Australians and Irishmen crawling up the walls. The bathroom is clean and the Internet is free and I’m in heaven. Jo is a perfect hostess. We went grocery shopping today and watched TV this evening and I’m so relaxed. My stomach is still a bit unstable, but I’m not throwing up anymore and I think I’m almost back to full health.

Our plans so far include: going to Stratford to visit the home where Shakespeare was born, castle-touring, and pub-hopping.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if ozzy spits a bat head at you, be sure to save it for scott.
-jeanine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home