Plane ticket + Backpack = The next three months of my life

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

First day


- can't figure out how to get the wireless internet on my laptop to work. Posting from an Internet cafe.
- still need to get a new SIM card for my phone so that I can make calls. Got a phone card in the meantime.
- met an Austalian named Ben, an American named Lynn, and a German couple named Oliver and Jessica.
- went out to dinner with Lynn last night. Had a veggie burger with salsa on it and weird chunky, ketchup. It was decent.
- fell asleep at 9pm and slept til 2am; couldn't fall back asleep for hours. finally did and slept til noon. When I woke up, everyone in my room was gone. They get up early here.
- off to wander the streets now. Gonna take pictures, do some writing and hopefully make some friends.
- miss all you guys. Happy birthday yesterday, Mom. Hope it was awesome.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it there alright!

I hope you have a great time exploring. :)

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for you making it to Europe! And double yea for having a meltdown almost immediately upon departure! All is indeed right with the world...miss you!!
-Sarah D.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admit it - this picture reminded you of me...and made you miss me...

Sarah D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home