Plane ticket + Backpack = The next three months of my life

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I can´t remember how to say hello in German.

I have arrived in Berlin and I´m going to stay here for a few days before going to Hamburg to meet up with Philipp and Felix. There is a slight problem however: I have nowhere to stay. The Internet tells me that all the hostels are booked for tonight and the soonest vacancies are for tomorrow night. I´m not sure what to do about this. Perhaps I will have to splurge on a hotel? Or maybe it won´t be very cold and I can hang out in a park all night. That might not be very fun what with the 30 pound backpack and all. I really don´t feel like getting robbed. Or uh, murdered. This really blows. A ton. Way to plan ahead, Mary.

Sidenote: a pigeon shit on my head in the park yesterday.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No where to sleep!? I'm sure you can find a cheap hotel. I hope you have an awesome time with the German boys. Are you going to be staying with them? Is it colder there? Tell everyone that you're 60% German and that your Grandma's maiden name is Brinkman with one "N" because she's not Jewish. Just a weird fact that I remember Dad telling me.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Venice, it is supposedly good luck if you get pooped on by a pigeon. Perhaps it's the same in Berlin!
-Jamie

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Brinkmann with 2 n's. That's how your grandmother spells it. Our family is from Munich.
Your great granmother spoke only German and lived in Albany, MN, a German settlement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home