Plane ticket + Backpack = The next three months of my life

Thursday, June 15, 2006

48 hours in London

ATM Service Charge: $5.00
Bus to Central London: $24.00
Dinner in London: $12.00
Night Bus in London: $3.00
Hostel in London (4 nights, 1 of which I didn’t use because I missed my flight but they wouldn’t let me cancel it): $90.00
Hostel Security Locker (2 days): $2.00
ATM Service Charge: $5.00
Pay Phone in London: $1.00
Lunch in London: $10.00
Pay Phone in London: $7.00
Beverage in London: $6.00
Underground Pass: $44.40
Dinner in London: $18.39
Carnival in London: $7.00 (4 of which was spent on spinning around in a giant teacup for two minutes)
Hostel in London (2 more nights): $57.24

TOTAL: $269.83

Can I just die already please? I feel like withdrawing the rest of my money from an ATM and throwing it in the Thames River, then laying down and letting a semi run over my face. If you didn’t notice, I haven’t made many frivolous purchases over the past two days. Aside from the carnival, my money has been spent on transportation, food, accommodation and phone usage.

This place is sucking me dry, you guys. I’m actually looking forward to coming home just so I can stop resenting my stomach every time it feels hungry. When I first arrived here three months ago I didn’t realize how ridiculously expensive everything is. I ate whatever I wanted and happily paid the atrocious admission fees at museums and galleries. But now that I’m at the end of my budget and I’ve become one of those people who walks with her eyes on the road searching for dropped coins, I’m getting a bit pissed off at this city.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally offended by your comments of london! and no comments of the fun we had at the street party! Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home